Treasure Chest Grown
A NEW CHOICE IN DIAMONDS
WHAT ARE TREASURE CHEST GROWN DIAMONDS?
Treasure Chest Grown diamonds are physically, chemically, and optically identical to their mined counterparts. The only difference is origin.
It is impossible for the naked eye to differentiate between a grown diamond and a mined diamond. Even a gemologist with a microscope cannot tell the difference!
LAB GRADED & LASER INSCRIBED
Treasure Chest Grown diamonds are graded by the same leading independent labs that grade mined diamonds.
"Lab Grown” and a report number is laser-inscribed on the girdle of each diamond.
*All lab grown diamonds over 0.25 carat are graded and laser-inscribed.
Stage 1select Diamond Seed
- High-quality diamond seeds are selected. Our diamond seeds are made of pure lab grown diamond.
- The seeds are placed in a Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) chamber or greenhouse
Stage 2Grow the Diamond
- Hydrogen is introduced into the chamber, and is ignited.
- Methane is introduced (CH4) which is the source of carbon for growing diamonds.
- Diamond grows layer by layer within 12 weeks
Stage 3Cut the Diamond
- At the end of our growth period, our rough diamonds are precision cut by laser.
Stage 4Polish the Diamond
- Our diamonds are then faceted into desired shapes by skilled diamond cutters
- Our diamonds are polished using the same tools and techniques as mined diamonds
Stage 5Diamond is Ready
- All Treasure Chest Grown Diamonds over .25 carats are laboratory graded & laser inscribed
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How are Treasure Chest Grown diamonds made?
Treasure Chest Grown diamonds are produced by utilizing two gem-quality diamond creation processes: Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and High Pressure-High Temperature (HPHT). In both processes, a diamond seed is placed in an environment that contains carbon. Under suitably controlled conditions, the diamond grows, atom-by-atom, layer-by-layer.
If grown diamonds are the same as mined, why are the terms "lab grown” and "laboratory created” used?
It is important to be absolutely certain in distinguishing grown diamonds from mined diamonds. The terms "lab grown” and "laboratory created” diamonds appropriately describe Treasure Chest Grown™ Diamonds.
Are Treasure Chest Grown™ diamonds graded?
Yes. Treasure Chest Grown Diamonds are graded to the same standards as mined diamonds by leading independent gemological laboratories.
How do lab grown diamonds and mined diamonds compare?
Both have the same physical, chemical and optical properties and emerge as rough diamonds. Both have the same hardness, specific gravity, refractive index, and dispersion; are polished using the same equipment and techniques; and have the same brilliance, fire, and sparkle.
Both are, in fact, diamonds!
What qualities do you offer?
The cut, color and clarity of our colorless, near-colorless and fancy color diamonds are consistent with very high quality mined diamonds. In fact, all of our colorless lab grown diamonds are type IIa, which is the purest type of diamond found in nature and accounts for only 2 percent of the global production of mined diamonds.